I enjoy giving talks in the UK and abroad, on topics that range from science, to horticulture, ecology or travel. Here are a few examples of talks I have given:
- Plant hunting in the 21st century
- Insects in the garden: friends, not foes
- Variegated plants: biological curiosities in the garden
- The fascinating world of pollen
- Plant names keep changing – what should we do with taxonomists?
- Conserving garden plants for the future: our gardens as arks?
- Using DNA to identify plants
- Plant conservation around the world
- Talks on plants from specific regions where I have been lucky to travel (with stories and anecdotes about the plants and their use in gardens): Malaysia, Vietnam, Madeira , Southern Spain, Khazakhstan…
- Plant Collections: Bringing Another Dimension to the Landscape
- Plant records : an underestimated resource
My audiences have ranged from gardening clubs, professional landscapers, to MSc students or government staff.
My talks can be presented in English or French, in person or online (Zoom or other).
If you would like to hear me talk please feel free to drop me an email.